There are many benefits of physical therapy, which can be used to treat a variety of ailments or as a preventative measure. Whether you are looking to recover from an injury, improve mobility, or even prevent future injury, it is important to look at the merits of physical therapy.
How Can Physical Therapy Help Me?
- Improve mobility – No matter your age, if you are having difficulty with walking, moving, or standing, physical therapy may be able to help. A routine consisting of stretching and strengthening exercises can aid in restoring the ability to move.
- Improve balance – If you are at risk for falls, there are physical therapy exercises that can challenge balance to help you in real-life situations.
- Avoid surgery – In some cases, physical therapy can eliminate pain as well as assist in the healing process so that surgery may not be necessary.
- Recover from a sports injury and prevent future injury – A physical therapist knows what types of injuries are commonly caused by certain sports or activities. Not only can physical therapy help you recover after these injuries, there are also prevention exercises that can be done to minimize the risk of injury in the future.
- Help with age-related conditions – Due to aging, some patients struggle with osteoporosis or need joint replacement surgery. Physical therapy can help in the recovery process after surgery as well as manage osteoporosis and other related conditions.
UltraSlide and Physical Therapy
UltraSlide slideboards have been a staple in physical therapy clinics across the nation. Our slideboards allow you to participate in low-impact exercises that can be targeted to specific regions of the body. You can take a look at our inventory to see which model is best suited for your particular purpose. If you have any questions about how our slideboards may assist you in your physical therapy goals, feel free to contact us.