During a busy 9-to-5 workday, it can be tough to break away from your desk! But, research has shown that the modern sedentary lifestyle is far from healthy. What do you do? Exercise at the office! It can be surprisingly easy to work in a quick set without leaving the building. Often called “deskercise,” these clever exercises can help fire up your muscles and burn a few calories in just minutes a day. Learn all about our favorite exercises below!
Cardio routines help to strengthen your heart and boost your physical endurance. How can you work up a sweat from the workplace?
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator for an invigorating jog. Try skipping steps for an extra challenge!
- A few laps around the building can really add up. Rain or shine, you can loop around the cubicles to get your blood flowing.
- Want to get some fresh air? Why not take a walk around the block after lunch to relieve stress?
Take a break from the computer and fire up the muscles with toning deskercizes! Try the following circuit to feel the burn:
- Arms: Try tricep dips on the edge of a sturdy desk or a stable chair.
- Chest: Use your cubicle to do modified wall push-ups, or hit the ground to bust out some reps.
- Legs: Practice your wall sits in your cubicle, or challenge your co-worker to a competition in the conference room.
- Back: Roll your shoulder back and pretend to pinch a pencil between your shoulder blades. Hold and release.
Want to strengthen your core at the office? Try these ab moves from your chair!
- A swivel chair can work your obliques! Lift your feet from the floor and use your core to turn the chair left and right.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and hold for several seconds to activate your core. You can do this seated, standing, or even walking.
- Don’t forget the benefits of an ergonomic desk setup. Make sure that your feet, hips, and arms are at a 90-degree angle and maintain good posture with a straight back.
Enjoy a Brand New Workout with UltraSlide!
While exercise at the office is a great way to sneak in a workout, home fitness equipment is a fantastic solution for the busy worker! Check out a slideboard from UltraSlide. This innovative tool provides a full body workout in minimal space! Learn more about us, or shop for your new slideboard today!