Cheerleading has become one of the fastest growing sports in the country, and it requires incredible athleticism and precision. Participants must have excellent strength and flexibility as well as top-notch dance and tumbling skills. Conditioning outside of practice is crucial to get your skills to the next level, and a lateral trainer from UltraSlide can be of assistance.
Lateral Trainer Sildeboards from UltraSlide
A lateral trainer, like those offered from UltraSlide, is a simple piece of workout equipment that helps athletes build lateral strength by providing a secure foundation that allows specific muscle groups to be targeted. A slideboard from UltraSlide can provide cheerleaders with many different workout options to strengthen the legs, arms, and core as well as help with improving balance. Listed below is our product lineup. We’re sure that there is a model that is perfect for your unique fitness goals.
- UltraSlide 5: This portable, yet durable, option is great for those who want an affordable slideboard without bumpers. It is perfect for a wide range of functional exercises like push-ups, side-lunges, and split-squats.
- UltraSlide 6: This model can be used in the home as well as for group and circuit use in a fitness center. In addition to being used for strength training and balance, you can achieve a high-intensity workout in as little as 15 minutes.
- UltraSlide 8H: To give athletes many of the benefits of the popular UltraSlide 8 model for a lower price, the UltraSlide 8H is the newest addition to the lineup. It is ideal for training at home and has fully-adjustable bumpers.
- UltraSlide 8: Our best-selling model has been used by professional sports teams, hospitals, universities, and physical therapy clinics for over two decades. Designed for commercial grade or home use, the UltraSlide 8 can be shortened depending on your needs to 5, 6, or 7 feet.
- UltraSlide 10: Our premier model can be found in the athletic training rooms and weight rooms of most professional sports teams in North America and many others around the world. If needed, it can be shortened to 7, 8, or 9 feet.
- UltraSlide Octagon: This patent-pending design allows athletes to change direction and use different angles throughout the course of a workout. Bumpers can also be reconfigured to create 2 slideboards (8 feet long and 4 feet wide).
How Can Cheerleaders Use a Lateral Training Slideboard?
Whether you’re a flyer looking to improve your balance, a base focusing on gaining more arm strength, or you want to work on flexibility to enhance your dance skills, a slideboard is a great tool for all of that and more. It can even be used to work on core strength by performing moves like inchworm and single-leg mountain climbers.
Lateral Trainer Workouts for Cheerleaders
- Inchworm – With feet hip-width distance apart, stand on the slideboard. Hinge at the waist and touch your palms to the floor. You may bend your knees if necessary. Walk your hands forward until you can feel all of your weight supported by your hands and toes. Your hands should be in line with your shoulders, and and your body should be straight. Stay like this for 10 seconds. When that time is up, bring your feet forward so that they meet your hands. Your knees can bend if needed, and palms should remain on the floor.
- Squat Thrusters – Start in a squatting position with hands touching the floor. Jump your feet back, landing in a plank position. Once again, go back to your squat position and return to standing, which completes one rep. Continue for 10 reps and perform the move as quickly as possible.
- Reverse Lunges – Stand at one end of the slideboard, but face away from it. Place your right foot on the board and take your left foot off of the board. As you slide your right foot across the board to get to a lunge position, bring your right hand back and your left hand up. Your arms should be at a 90 degree angle (forward hand at chin level and back hand extending past the hip).
Take Your Performance to the Next Level with UltraSlide
If you are interested in seeing how a lateral trainer from UltraSlide can help improve your strength, flexibility, and balance, contact us today. We would be glad to answer any questions you may have.