Slideboards are a staple in professional performance and physical therapy centers all over the country. A lateral trainer for basketball players is a great way to up your workout routine either for solo training or group workouts. From portable to commercial grade slideboards, you can find what you need with help from UltraSlide.
What’s a Lateral Trainer?
Get in shape for the basketball season with an UltraSlide lateral trainer. Whether you need an option for your home gym or travel, you’ll find the right fit with the range of choices:
- UltraSlide 5: When you’re looking for optimum portability, the UltraSlide 5 is great for personal and team workouts. Made with durable materials, this board is ready for life on the road.
- UltraSlide 6: Do you have plenty of space in your home gym? Get a high intensity workout in just 15 minutes with the UltraSlide 6. It’s great for cardio and warm-up exercises.
- UltraSlide 8H: Are you an active individual trying to train at home? The 8H is the fraternal twin of the best selling 8 model. It features a removable slide surface, solid baseboard, and completely adjustable bumpers.
- UltraSlide 8: Made for heavy usage in a group or team gym, the UltraSlide has been in physical therapy clinics, professional training centers, and similar institutions for two decades.
- UltraSlide 10: With the ability to be shortened to 7, 8 and 9 feet, the 10 board is our premiere option. Most top ranked NCAA programs have one in their gym because of its durability and effectiveness. You can also put your team logo on your board.
- UltraSlide Octagon: Opt for the one-piece option for a true octagon offering 360 degrees of movement. However, the standard option gives you the freedom to create two 8 foot boards.
How Can Basketball Players Utilize a Lateral Trainer?
With a lateral trainer for basketball players, you can ramp up your pre-season workouts so you don’t miss a beat during your first practice. What else is the lateral trainer great for?
- Low Impact Training: Running is an essential element of basketball, but during training, it’s good to preserve your joints. A lateral trainer can help you minimize impact while maximizing your court performance.
- Vary Your Routine: The lateral trainer will bring an element of cardio to nearly every exercise your perform. Plus, you can shake things up in your normal routine with a simple variation.
- Practice Despite Weather: Sometimes you’re ready to workout on the field or track, but the weather has different plans. With a lateral trainer, you won’t have to miss your cardio session.
- Portable Workout Equipment: Many basketball players travel for games and tournaments. Especially with the smaller boards, you can take your workout into hotel rooms and on the road.
- Target Muscle Groups: Many lateral training exercises require balance, which translates into a strong core. Of course depending on your exercise, you can also target your legs or upper body.
Best Lateral Trainer Exercises for Basketball Players
When you’ve already got an arsenal of basketball exercises, you don’t want to have to start from scratch. Luckily, quite a few exercises can be adapted for your new UltraSlide board:
- Side Squat Slide: Get into a standard squat position. While maintaining an engaged core and low-hip levels, slide laterally until the end of your board. Do 3 to 4 sets and use a kettleball or dumbbell against your chest for added rigor.
- Later Bound Slide: Position yourself standing at right end of the board. Put your weight on your right root. In a springy fashion, push yourself in the opposite direction with your weight on the left foot.
- Lateral Lunge: You’re probably familiar with a traditional side lunge. Instead of stepping to the side, slide your foot outwards. As always, keep your thigh parallel during your descent and stay balanced.
- Drop Lunge: While on the board, put your left foot behind your right foot. Begin squatting and allow your left foot to reach about two feet behind your right foot. Keep your weight in the heel of your right foot.
Upgrade Your Basketball Training With UltraSlide
Do you need a lateral trainer for basketball in your gym? UltraSlide’s products will meet and exceed your training equipment necessities. When you’re shopping for the right board, make sure you take a look at the accessories as well.