Sustainability and environmental stewardship are at the heart of every decision we make as a company and are fundamental to the UltraSlide brand:
- The ash hardwood used for all UltraSlide 8, 10, and Octagon bumpers comes from “the urban forest,” reclaimed lumber from trees in and around Chicago that were cut down due to disease or storm damage: no new trees were destroyed to make these bumpers!
- All ash hardwood bumpers are finished with a water-based, low-VOC stain.
- The molded plastic bumpers on the UltraSlide 8H and 6 boards are made from 100% recycled plastic.
- The non-slip rubber under every UltraSlide board is made from 100% recycled tires. Rather than ending up in landfills, old tires are ground up and given a new purpose – in this case to keep your UltraSlide gripping to the floor!
- Instructions are printed on 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Our custom shipping containers are made from 100% recycled corrugated paper and boxes, and all of our packaging is fully recyclable in most municipal recycling programs! No polystyrene (Styrofoam) or packing peanuts are ever used in an UltraSlide shipment!
- Every shipment with UPS is sent Carbon Neutral – offsetting the emissions of the shipment – at our expense.
- Every major component on the UltraSlide – including our Slide Slippers – is Made In The USA! Most of these components are actually produced within 50 miles of our suburban Chicago headquarters. This not only supports local workers and companies but also keeps our overall carbon footprint low.
- UltraSlide slide boards are built to last! Many of the boards we made in the mid-‘90s are still in use today!
- All unusable corrugated, plastic, and paper is recycled.
- All usable packaging and packing material is reused in new shipments.
- Shipping pallets are reused or recycled.
- Our facility produces, on average, one kitchen-sized back of landfill trash per week.
- And…UltraSlides do not require any electricity!
When you purchase an UltraSlide, you can be certain that you are not only receiving a great product, but an ethical and sustainable product. You are helping the planet as well as American companies and workers. We are proud to say that UltraSlide boards are Sustainably Made In The USA, and we know you’ll be as well!
For more information on our sustainable, view our UltraSlide Greater Intent and Purpose Fact Sheet.
Being green isn’t just the “responsible” thing to do. It’s a necessity. Varisport, Inc. is committed to doing whatever we can to protect-and respect-the environment. Click on the play button to listen to Barry Slotnick, President of Varisport, Inc./UltraSlide®, explain how on the Entrepreneur Podcast Network.