Whether starting a brand new routine or mixing up your old routine, you may wonder “What’s the best time of day to exercise?” Well, everyone has their own personal preferences. Maybe you’re an early riser, while your best friend is more of a night owl. These factors can play a definite role in your workout satisfaction, but other hidden variables may have a big impact on your results as well. Read on to discover how to pick out the best workout time for your lifestyle and needs!
Starting the day with a workout can invigorate your entire day. If you’re willing to hit the gym in the a.m., you’ll be rewarded with numerous benefits.
- When you begin your day with a workout, you have less time for excuses. It’s easier to remain consistent when you exercise first thing in the morning.
- Morning workouts can be more practical. Gyms are less crowded, traffic is less congested, and you can even squeeze in a healthy breakfast after your cool down.
- Early workouts can be a motivator to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. It’s easier to turn off the TV and put down the phone when gym time is on the schedule.
While early risers may love to hit the gym before anyone else, night owls can find this routine exhausting. If you prefer to work out in the evening, then you’ll enjoy your own set of benefits as well.
- Exercise is a great way to relieve some of the stress from a long day at work. Whether you hit the weights or the treadmill, you’ll get a rush of endorphins that can make any day better.
- You may feel a little stronger after a day’s worth of meals, so working out later may be advantageous to strength-based athletes. But, don’t forget to wait an hour or so after your last meal for the best performance possible.
- Gyms often schedule the bulk of their fitness classes for the evening. If you want more options, you may prefer sleeping in and hitting the gym later.
So, what’s the best time of day to exercise? It’s up to you! Whether you prefer a morning or evening routine, it helps to have access to top-of-the-line equipment. We recommend checking out slideboards by UltraSlide, so you can exercise at home whenever you want. Learn more about us online!