Here is a list of questions and answers based on some of the most common inquiries we receive from customers. Click the question below for the answer to your question. If you don’t see your question answered here, or if you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 800-259-5356.
Choosing the UltraSlide® Slideboard
- There is no perfect formula as training objectives and individual needs can vary. As it relates to height, if you are taller than 6’3” you might find the UltraSlide 7 (7 feet in length) to be somewhat restrictive. However, if you choose the UltraSlide 7 you can increase workout intensity on this shorter board by sliding faster. This will require pushing off the bumpers at a greater intensity to generate more power and faster speed, which is very effective in increasing your heart rate. If you are looking for guidance regarding which length is right for you, refer to our Comparing UltraSlides page, call us at (800) 259-5356 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you with your decision.
- The UltraSlide has a very durable, solid base, so it is ideal for carpet. The UltraSlide can be used on almost any surface. However, using the board on a dusty, cement surface, may cause the rubber pads on the base to lose their grip. In this case, you might need to place the UltraSlide on an area rug or carpeted area to keep the base from shifting during use. Keeping the surface dust-free can prevent this from happening.
The slideboard shouldn’t scratch hardwood floors at all. But, if you want to use extra caution, a towel or yoga mat can be placed (perpendicular to the board) under the middle hinge on the baseboard. The rubber pads underneath the base will keep the board from slipping despite the placement of this towel.
- As a sustainable business, we are extremely proud of the green production process for the UltraSlide. The bumpers on each and every UltraSlide are made from reclaimed ash trees from the “urban forest” in neighborhoods and communities in and around Chicago, near our manufacturing facility. These trees were taken down due to disease caused by Emerald Ash Borers or, in some cases, storm damage. Using this reclaimed lumber means that no new trees were destroyed for the purpose of creating the bumpers.
Another sustainable feature of every UltraSlide are the non-slip pads under the boards, which made from 100% recycled tires. Rather than being thrown in a landfill, piled high behind a building, or burned, these tires find a useful new life holding your UltraSlide in place.
The UltraSlide 6 is made entirely from reclaimed and recycled materials.
A solid, half-inch laminated baseboard and polymer slide surface complete each UltraSlide, resulting in an extremely durable unit that will provide years of use.
- Yes! If you live in Canada, the United Kingdom, or Australia, please contact our distributors in those countries. If you live in another country, please contact us for shipping options.
Maintenance and Storage of the UltraSlide® Slideboard
- The UltraSlide 6 can be easily stored under a bed or behind the couch. The baseboard of every other UltraSlide does fold in half. However, the polymer slide surface that goes over the baseboard is a solid piece that does not fold; this allows for a seamless slide across the unit. The fully assembled board can be leaned against a wall – with the long length of the board on the ground – when not in use. If strong wall hooks are installed in the workout space, the assembled board can be hung on the wall. Bear in mind, the hooks must be able to securely hold 40-55 lbs. The UltraSlide can also be disassembled and stored by removing the bumpers and slide surface and folding the baseboard in half.
- When the slide surface begins to feel “sticky,” clean the surface with warm water and a cotton towel. Dry with another cotton towel. Once the surface is clean, spray it with UltraSlide Slide Polish. Spray directly onto the slide surface in W’s. Wipe with a clean, dry cotton towel and buff with another clean towel. Avoid over-polishing; it is only required once a week at most if you utilize the board on a daily basis.
Traveling with an UltraSlide® Slideboard
- The overall weight of the UltraSlide and the fact that it needs to be packed in two oversized boxes makes travelling on a plane with it difficult. Therefore, we do not recommend it. If you need to have your UltraSlide transported to another location, we recommend shipping it via UPS or other freight carrier. Please contact us and we can assist you with this planning
Discounts on UltraSlide® Slideboards
- We don’t generally have sales except for a promotion or two during the holiday season. From time to time we do encounter boards with minor cosmetic issues that cannot be sold as new. We also occasionally have a customer that wants to change the size of their UltraSlide and returns their existing unit, resulting in an available used board. Please contact us at email@example.com or 800-259-5356 regarding availability and pricing of blemished or used boards.